Saturday, January 31, 2009
That was really neat to see. When we left, UT was down by 17 points. UT recovered all of those lost points and tied up the game into overtime. Unfortunately, Kansas State ended up winning 85 to 81, not too bad. Interesting fact that I found out during the game: one of UT players is 6'10"!!!! CrAzY!!
The reason we left the game early was to go to our friend's Engagement Party. Jesse was on drum line in high school with John and has remained close with him over the years.
Here is a picture of us, John, and his fiance Rachel.
After that, we went over to the Mittelstadt's house for dinner and after that we played chicken foot with them past midnight. Ethan pretty much always wins, but tonight I tied for first with Ethan! Jesse on the other hand though, got last place and lost by more than a 100 hundred point difference.
All in all, it was a good, fun, and busy day. I cannot wait for Sunday to get here so that we can just relax and watch the Superbowl!
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Here is a picture of our Mazda Tribute. It had ice all over it!!
Monday, January 26, 2009
When we bought our house, we were told by a very close family friend that we should plant a tree once we move in to really make the home ours. Last weekend we finally got around to making it over to Home Depot to check out the trees. The plan was to just
buy 1 tree, but as we were looking at the trees and imagining the tree in our backyard, we got so excited we left with 3 trees! Once we got home, we immediately got to work and started planting the trees. The first one we planted was a Red Oak. The other 2 trees are Ranger Peach trees. They are taller than the oak tree right now. We can't wait until we are able to eat peaches off of OUR trees! It was very interesting to plant these trees. While growing up, I always hated to go out and "dig around in dirt." Now that it is our dirt, I really don't mind. In fact, once we started I didn't want to stop. I now want to start a little vegetable garden in our backyard, and I can't wait for Spring time to get here to that we can start working on some more flower beds! Unfortunately, we have to make in through the rest of winter...
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Stole this from Joyce & Jenn's blog...you copy and paste and then highlight the ones you've done...
Things that Katie has done will be Pink, and things Jesse has done will be Yellow. Things we have both done, will be Green.
Feel free to play along!
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you're not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Ran a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo's David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain.
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Gave flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone's life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
Hopefully you had as much fun reading this as much as we had filling it out!! Have a great night!
Saturday, January 24, 2009
To get started, here is what's going on in our neck of the woods....*We bought a house in Hutto, Tx back in September. We moved from Round Rock where the population is close to 100,000 to a small town with around 2,000 people and a total of 4 stop lights on the main road through town. ( Hence the name of our blog. :] )We love it though. It is so quiet out here and we can see the stars clearly almost every night!
*Jesse is still working for Lone Star Legal Copies.
*I'm working for Farmers Insurance on the corporate side and I really like it there.
*Our infamous Dameranians have grown a lot and run our lives now. Haha! Molly and Rowdy always keep things interesting around here.
That's all for now folks!