Saturday, February 28, 2009

Saturday is a Special Day!

So Jesse decided a little while back that he wanted a new kitchen table, which was fine with me! We had a counter-height table, so it made it really hard for me to get on and off the chairs since I'm slightly vertically challenged. :P We had gone to HEB plus and saw a table there that both of us fell in love with immediately. SO, we sold our old table (which we actually just got last October) and went and bought the new table today! Here's a few pictures of it!
This is Jesse putting it together.
Here's the finished product.
And here's another angle.

Lately, we have really been into gardening. With spring/summer coming up, we want our yard to look really nice and pretty. We bought some bluebonnet plants and planted those around our 2 trees in the front yard. I can't wait for those to start blooming! we have also been wanting to start a little garden in our backyard, but this year we won't be able to because of timing. Instead, we bought a little strawberry plant. When I was younger, my grandmother had one for a few summers, so my cousins and I would snack from it all the time. I remember those strawberries tasting so good!! Here is our little plant! You can already see where one strawberry is growing!
Jesse and I have decided that Petunias are probably our favorite flower right now. Our flower bed in the front yard is covered in Petunias from when the builders originally started our flower bed. We thought they would die during the winter, but we were wrong. They have come back in full force and are starting to take over the flower bed. They are beautiful! Here's a picture of them. It's just half of the flower bed. There is even more at the other end of it!

2 comments:

  1. I love the new table. The black and oak look really good in your kitchen. Also those pertunia's do look fantasic. Makes me want to go plant some. Love yall Mom Ashmore

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new table it is gorgeous!! I will have to snag a strawberry when I come to visit you!! Your flowers look great also!!

    ReplyDelete